Basava Residential Girls School was founded in 1993, and now provides education for over 300 students along with qualified, dedicated and resident teaching staff and administrators. The campus is spread over 50 acres and is situated amidst picturesque surroundings. The school is bordered by RR Medical College & Hospital, located on the Bangalore-Mysore highway near Kengeri.
Our school accepts students from standards KG to PU. We believe that young girls need a relevant, holistic and values based education, so that they can make meaningful contributions to the nation in the 21st Century. BRGS is undergoing an exciting growth phase and seeks to teach the young girls in the school to learn and grow from challenges that they may face during the course of their lives. BRGS has opened its doors to Day Scholars in the Academic Year 2017-2018.
The School sets innovative trends in education by serving the learning needs of young women to become empowered and so that they may become contributing members of society. Our School provides education – both in the academic and co-curricular fields. The Basava Residential Girls School aims to serve as a melting pot where children and adults from diverse ethnic and religious backgrounds, all over India can learn and achieve goals together during the most exciting growth phase of their lives.
Basava Residential Girls School was established by the Basava Samithi Trust, and was headed by the Honourable President of Basava Samithi – Shri Aravind Jatti, son of the late Dr. B.D. Jatti, a former Vice-President of India as well as former Chief Minister of Karnataka & former Governor of Orissa and Pondicherry.
Basava Residential Girls School (BRGS), is now the most prestigious boarding school for girls in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. It is famed for its focus on a modern, progressive curriculum, rooted in values based educational programme, with a focus on holistic development of the girl child. The strong academic programme is augmented by extra-curricular activities such as games, sports and other day to day events. Student Council forms an important component of school life, helping to inculcate leadership and responsibility in the students.
The school provides ample facilities for Sport and co-curricular/extra-curricular activities such as - Music, Dance, Art, Taekwondo, Yoga, Band etc. The school is built on a large campus with an internal lodging and boarding block with excellent facilities.
The students at BRGS are provided the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) examination & Pre - University (PU) examination certificates, with which the school is affiliated and is also recognized by the Government Of Karnataka.
"Basava Residential Girls School is an affordable, high quality girls’ boarding and day school, endeavouring to empower generations of young women to become lifelong learners, actively contributing to the World they live in, underpinned by a holistic and child-centred academic and co-curricular program."
"To nurture and empower young women with active and creative minds, to be leaders of the future."
Our Educational Philosophy:
• We aim to be a progressive, yet affordable child-centered school, for young women.
• We will set innovative trends in education by serving the learning needs of young women to become empowered, contributing members of society.
• Our school provides education - both academic and experiential - with a focus on meeting the needs of the girl child.
• The school will intentionally aim to serve as a melting pot where children and adults from diverse ethnic and religious backgrounds can learn and achieve goals together in our collective quest to empower the girl child.
• As a community of lifelong learners, all the adults in the school will also be encouraged to constantly learn, update and hone their skills as teachers, administrators and educators.
• We will strive to dedicate ourselves to fostering the natural curiosity of students of all ages in our care through best practices in pedagogy as part of a community engaged in the joy of continuous learning, while acquiring essential skills in critical thinking.
• Our curriculum is based on an understanding of the learning process and is aimed at nurturing academic and personal development, while instilling the thirst for lifelong learning in students.
• We will incorporate current trends in international education, adapted specifically for the Indian context, while combining the best of Indian and International curriculum.
• Valuing acceptance of a variety of viewpoints, this community promotes socio-economic and cultural diversity within an affordable, high quality learning program.
• An environment of trust, cooperation and mutual respect will encourage young women to become independent thinkers empowered to be contributors to an ever-changing, multi-cultural world. As a faculty of lifelong learners, the teachers of the school will also be encouraged to constantly learn, update and hone their skills as educators. Along with the continuous learning, students of the Basava Residential Girls School must also acquire skills in critical thinking. The curriculum at our school is based on an understanding of the learning process and is aimed at nurturing academic and personal development, while instilling the passion for lifelong learning in students. We will incorporate current trends in international education, while adapting this specifically for the Indian context. The Basava Residential Girls School promotes cultural diversity within an affordable and high quality learning program.